Current Open Job Positions
Highland Manor is seeking applicants for casual employment for the following position:
Dietary Journeyman/Cooks/Food Service Worker
Environmental General Workers
FOOD SERVICE WORKER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. At least a grade 12 education.
2. Be able to follow instructions, and able to manipulate the tools and utensils necessary in performing his/her duties.
3. Should have some experience in the field of food service. On the job training will be provided.
4. Have or be willing to take Food Handlers within 1 year.
ENVIRONMENTAL GENERAL WORKER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. A minimum grade 12 education.
2. Must be able to follow instructions & operate equipment necessary in cleaning duties.
3. Be able to lift heavy objects & perform strenuous activities.
JOURNEYMAN / COOK QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Have a Valid Journeyman Chef License with Inter-Provincial Red Seal, and/or work experience
2. Experience in preparing nutritionally adequate meals based on Canada’s Food Guide,
and be able to prepare well – balanced meals according to specific / special diets.
3. Have current Food Handlers Course.
Highland Manor also requires a current (less than 1-year old) criminal records check for all new employees.
Please send applications and criminal records to:
175 NEW HAVEN ROAD
P.O. BOX 48,
NEIL’S HARBOUR, N.S.
FAX: 902-336-2878 PHONE: 336-2895 ext. 228